Monday, October 8, 2012

*QUICK THOUGHT* Borderlands.......Where the Fuck was I?

The past few months I have been reading on this game Borderlands 2 and I noticed that most of the people on the video game forum I venture to were getting super hyped about this game.  Now, this does not come to a surprise to me since most of the video game podcasts I listed to also praised the first game.  I still let this game fly under my radar despite all the praise I heard.  Maybe, it was the fact that I looked at the game like a general shooter so I overlooked this gem.

With the release of Borderlands 2, Playstation Network offered the first game for free in September and I finally gave it a shot.  Wow, where the fuck was I?  This game is probly one of the most fun games I have ever played, yet I can still see the flaws.  It is basically a shooter/RPG/Dungeon Crawler.  It really has a weak story that you could give a shit about, but it has thousands and thousands of different guns.  It is also violent which I like.  I also gives you the ability to customize you character with it's skill tree.

I played as a commando which drops a turret as his special ability.  I felt that was a good pick for someone that soloed that game like myself.  It also has online co-op which I didn't try because of the age of the game. I also did not want to play with people that were higher levels, and most importantly I didn't want people stealing my loot.

 The whole time I was playing though I came to this thought.  THIS GAME IS MADE FOR PEOPLE THAT PLAY NOTHING BUT CALL OF DUTY.  Its has a leveling system and challenges just like COD. I highly recommend it to anymore who love that game that may want to extend their horizons.  I am personally excited to play the second game down the road after I work on this backlog, but there are about another 6-8 games I want to add to my collection before the end of the year so it will be difficult.

No comments:

Post a Comment